Tuesday, May 22, 2012

39w1d

I'm still here. :-)

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. There is a little progress...I'm dilated to 2cm now, but still not effaced. Today marks the gestation that Drake was born at so I guess I kind of thought this little one might come by now, but it's not looking like it.

My doctor said she could at least feel his head so we know he's head down and getting into position. Drake was still super high when I went into the hospital to deliver him and my doctor couldn't tell at previous appointments if he was head down so this is good news to me.

She offered induction again, but I turned her down. Honestly, I am very comfortable still. Yes, I've gained 35 pounds and have a big 'ole belly, but I haven't had any swelling and am not in any pain. I'm REALLY hoping he will come on his own. I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday, and I agreed that if he wasn't here by then, that we would schedule. I need to start my official leave by June 5th and she's going on vacation shortly after that.

So, we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

Kahla said...

I LOVED the end of my pregnancies and will never understand why people rush it. So excited for ya'll!