Tuesday, February 2, 2010

39 weeks!

I'm still here! It sure seems like almost all of my blogger friends who were due around the same time as me have had their babies! Congrats to all of you!!! I'm starting to wonder when this little guy will make his appearance. At my appointment yesterday, there was a little progress - dilated 1-2cm and "more thinned out than last week." But, she still couldn't feel his head so he hasn't dropped and isn't engaged. I'm definitely ready to hold him in my arms and see what this little guy looks like! I've been getting some fun back pain since last Thursday, but have felt great up until then. I'm still working full-time, but this Friday is my last day! Then, it's 12 weeks off for me!! I have my final OB appointment scheduled for next Monday. If he isn't here by then, we'll be inducing next week.

And, the latest from babycenter.com:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

7 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Yay for 39 weeks! You look super, Mama! Cant wait to see that little guy and hear his name!

Caroline said...

Wow, you look great. You must be counting the days off until Friday!
It is a strange time, waiting for a baby to arrive. It is difficult to know when they are going to make their arrival!
Look after yourself,
x

Amy said...

Praying for you to have a smooth delivery! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy. Thanks for sharing your journey!

Amy Remus

twondra said...

You look great!!! Can't wait for you to hold your precious baby boy. :)

Hua said...

You look great! I hope you have a smooth and safe delivery. I'm looking forward to an update after he is here!

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com

Tonya said...

I still can't believe that shirt has made it the whole pregnancy! You go girl. Can't wait to see pictures of him!

Jennifer said...

You look incredible! I'm with Tonya - I can't believe that shirt still fits. I'll be 17 weeks on Sunday, and my old clothes are long gone.

Praying for a wonderful, safe and healthy delivery!! :)