Sunday, February 28, 2010

Drake's First Road Trip!

We just got back from Drake's first road trip to my hometown! Traveling in the car went just as I thought it would - great! We left right after feeding him, he slept the entire trip in the car, and then we fed him when we got to our destination.
Meeting his cousin Nicole for the first time!
Grandma Williams
Grandpa WilliamsThis was one of the few quiet times at my sister's house.
Unfortunately, Drake was pretty fussy from 3:30 to 6:30pm!

The main reason for heading north was to celebrate my nephew Reid's first birthday.
The birthday boy with his mom and dad.
His first taste of the cake...just dive in! :-)
His last bites of the cake! (No, he didn't eat the whole thing, but he did get about 1/4 of it!)
Opening presents - doesn't he look thrilled? After this he was more interested in the tissue paper than the gifts.

We stayed at my parent's place and it went well. Drake was up at midnight, 3am, 5am, and 7am. I was just glad he didn't wake everyone up!

3 comments:

twondra said...

Glad you had a good time! Love the pictures!!

Tonya said...

I still can't believe that your sis has a baby too! Fun to see her on your blog!!!

What IF? said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your miracle baby. Your little Drake-man is such a cutie! Way to go on taking a road trip with him.