Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our First Week as a Family of Three! - Part II

Saturday, February 6th
We spent the day hanging out at home waiting for Drake's Aunt Michelle, Uncle Jarrod, and cousin Reid to come visit!

Sleeping on daddy's chest!
Aunt Karen came for a visit. She saw Drake at the hospital but didn't hold him because she wasn't feeling the best. Today, she was able to hold and cuddle him!
Snoozing on the boppy for the first time! I LOVE this picture!!!

Tonight, we tried something different for sleeping. Our pack and play has a bassinet so we put that in our room and had Drake sleep there. He did pretty well - got up about every 1.5 hours to eat and then slept from 3:45-7:15am! I think there are a couple things that made this a better night - 1) my milk started to come in, 2) we tried keeping him up a little longer at his feedings during the day, and 3) we tried not talking to him during his night feedings. I was assuming that he just has his days/nights mixed up, and this seems to have worked!

Sunday, February 7th - Super Bowl Sunday!
After realizing that I didn't get any pictures of my sister and her family with Drake, I made sure to get one of Michelle with him today. (They have some on their camera, but I can't get to them to put them on Blogger.) I hope they enjoyed their visit...thanks for driving down to see us!!!
Aunt Michelle
Cousin Kali came by for some extra snuggle time with Drake!

After the visitors were gone, we all took a 2.5 hour nap! I find it amazing how 2 hours of sleep can make you feel like you have gotten 8 hours. :-) We watched the Super Bowl and just hung out the rest of the night.

Sleep-wise, tonight was almost identical to Saturday night. Yeah! :-)

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad he's doing better at night...it definitely makes a HUGE difference once your milk comes in!! He is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you and your family. I had my baby boy on October 17th. We conceived through IVF. I have been checking your blog since Jan/Feb of last year hoping that you would finally get your wish. Enjoy your bundle of joy. They become more and more of a joy everyday. Right now my baby boy is laughing and starting to roll over. Each milestone is wonderful. Take Care. Angela
ab1973@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way your baby is beautiful!

Angela

Triumph in Learning said...

Glad to see you all are doing well. I also LOVE the pic of him snoozing on the boppy!!! He is such a handsom little man:)

take care,
Hannah