Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Great Grocery Challenge - Week 16


I'm a little behind in posting last week's purchases, but I've been sick. :-( Luckily, I felt fine through Drake's party on Saturday and this didn't come along until Sunday night, but it was pretty nasty. Fever of 101*-102* through yesterday and now it's in my ears and sinuses. Hopefully it doesn't stick around long.

This was definitely not a good savings week since we had to purchase some things for the party on Saturday. I included a little information about my trips since a few people requested it. Hope this helps, but I know it doesn't explain everything. The basic idea is to purchase items when they are on sale and you have a coupon.

Walgreens: spent $11.60, saved $32.94

Bought - 2 Gillette Fusion Razors @ $9.99 each, 3 Dove deodorant & 1 Dove body wash @ 4/$15
Used - 2-$4/1 coupons on the razors, 3-$2/1 coupons on the deodorants and 1-$1/1 coupon on the body wash
Got - 2-$4 RR on the razors and a $5 RR on the Dove products
(2 transactions)

Target: spent $13.88, saved $29.19

Bought - 2 Gerber Yogurts, Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit, Swiffer Sweeper refill, 2-Olay bar soap, 2 Secret deodorant, 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal, 3 Market Pantry Tomato soups

Used - 2-$0.75/1 Gerber coupons, 1-$1/1 Swiffer starter kit, 1-Buy 1 Swiffer starter kit, get 1 refill free coupon, 2-$2/1 Olay bar soap, 2-Buy Olay bar soap, get a free Secret deoderant, 2- B1G1 Kellogg's cereal (Target Q), 4-$1/1 Kellogg's cereal (manufacturer coupon), 1-$1/3 Market pantry soups (Target Q)

Schnucks: spent $2.39 (needed milk!)


Kroger: spent $1.19, saved $40.70


Bought - 4 Rotel tomatoes, 2 Electrasol Tabs, 2 Heinz ketchup, 2 DelMonte corn, Dog food

Used - B3G1 Rotel, 1-$0.30/1 Rotel, 2-$2.25/1 Electrasol and my $25 gift card from Cady!

This was my first time shopping at Kroger. I loaded all kinds of coupons onto the card, but I have no clue how to keep track of them. Personally, it's a little overwhelming so I basically didn't worry about them. I just gave her my card at the check out...apparently there was a $1 coupon there that worked with what I purchased. :-) I'm not sure if I'll go back or not. It seems like there are some really great deals to be had there, but it will take some time to get used to the layout and get organized.

Meijer: spent $152.14, saved $77.49


I won't go into this trip since there was a lot of stuff. I was kind of shocked at the savings since I was picking up some things without coupons for the party on Saturday. By the way, the place was BARE! They were almost completely out of produce, bread, frozen pizza, etc.

CVS: spent $4, saved $77.08 (paid $4 for a $10 gift card a few weeks ago - can't remember the website)

This was a great trip! I used $14 in ECB and got $15 in ECB back! Plus, I still have $3.99 on a gift card. 

Walmart - spent $17.94

Weekly Total: spent $201.95, saved $257.40

No comments: