Monday, April 23, 2012

35 Weeks / 35 Days!

35 weeks or 35 days until my due date...how has time gone so quickly. I've had a number of people tell me this week that I am so small for being this far along. In no way have I really tried to do this, but I have been paying closer attention to the scale since the first conversation with the nurse practitioner at my OB's office. I'm right around 31 pounds gained which is pretty good. I'm hoping to stay under 35. Don't worry...I'm still eating - just ask Jason. :-)

I'm still feeling great except for the fact that I have discovered the feeling of heartburn! It took me a while to figure out what it was and it usually only comes on in the morning after breakfast. Still have that checklist of things to do...hopefully the dresser and nightstand will be here this week so I can get clothes washed and put away.

I realized I haven't posted much of the info from Babycenter.com...here's this week's update:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


 

2 comments:

katery said...

you look great!

Rob & Lindsey said...

Seriously! I think I'm bigger than you at 27 weeks! You look great!:)