Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Recap

Wow, this weekend has gone by quickly as usual. We finally met our new neighbors (well, at least the husband) on Thursday night. They seem very nice and right about the same age as Jason and I, just a few years older. Unfortunately, they are Cardinals and Colts fans so it could make for an interesting sports season!

Also on Thursday night, I took my "little sister" rollerskating! It was a lot of fun, but I can't remember the last time I did that. The roller rink really brought back a lot of memories like hearing Bon Jovi and Def Leppard... instead now it was all the current music. I was really shocked at all of the people there on a Thursday night, but hey, I guess it's better than hanging out on the streets, right?

On Saturday, I babysat Caden all day!! It was so much fun and interesting, too, to see what life would be like if we had a little one in this house. Of course, since I didn't have anything planned but spending time with him it went great. Now, if I had other plans like we usually do, that could make it interesting! I guess at that point some things would have to be given up! I also was pretty impressed with how Kahlua did. She had a few barking spells, but I didn't think it was too bad. Here are just a few pictures:Today, I started my "training" for the 5K. Since I haven't done any kind of running in a long time, I just took my usual route and ran about a 1/4 of the way there, walked a while, and then ran a little way back. My legs weren't doing bad, I just need to figure out this breathing thing! I went to church while Jason was at work and then we watched our two favorite teams win!! Go CUBS and BEARS!! Sorry, Mel, that you couldn't watch your team win today! :-)

One last thing...my cousin, Kristin, and her husband's, Aric, son has his birthday today...

Happy 4th Birthday, Zayden Ellsworth!

No comments: