Thursday, September 6, 2007

Big Brother 8

Okay...so, some of you know that I have been a fan of the CBS show Big Brother since it first aired in the summer of 2000! The first season aired when I was living by myself in the Quad Cities doing an internship to finish my degree from ISU. That season also had a person ("Chicken George") from Rockford on the show so it was definitely fun to watch. I have watched every season since then. If you don't watch the show or have any idea what it is about, let me tell you...a group of people (the numbers haven't been the same each year depending on the twist) move into a house for the summer where they have no contact with the outside world and have to complete challenges and are voted out of the house one by one. This season's show is now down to the final four - Dick, Daniele, Zach, and Jameka - as of tonight! Tonight's show was definitely a whirlwind, but we knew it was coming since the finale is September 18th. I'm not sure that I have a favorite this season, but I really liked Eric. I thought he and Jessica were really cute (now they are in the jury house - basically some fancy place on a beach!), and I definitely thought he had it harder than anyone else in the house due to the America's Player (AP) role. Again, if you don't watch - America's Player was part of this year's twist - CBS picked one person to "represent" what America wanted so each week America could vote on certain tasks they wanted AP to fulfill including who to get nominated and evicted. Out of the final four, I think I'd like to see Daniele win. She has won the most competitions and has also had to have the challenge of being in the house with her dad who she hasn't really talked to in a number of years. Oh yeah, that was the other part of this year's twist. There were three people in the house who had their "worst enemies" in the house with them. One of the enemies (Carol), went home the first week, and Dustin was soon to follow. Dick and Daniele are the last pair. So, there you have it... my opinion on Big Brother 8. Now, I just have to watch the next week and a half to see who gets the money!

No comments: