Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Drake's First Trip to the Dentist

Drake has been complaining about his teeth hurting when he eats. I knew his 2 year molars were coming in but I couldn't tell if they were all in or not so I didn't know if that was causing the pain. It was going on for a while and has made him not want to finish his meals so we decided it was time to get him into the dentist. They got him in yesterday morning, and he did great! I was so proud of him. We talked about it the day before that he would need to let the doctor look at his teeth to see if there was something that was causing him to hurt. He sat up in the chair like such a big boy and opened his mouth right up.
 

 Dr. Sylvester counted his teeth and said he didn't see anything. Drake's upper right molar isn't all the way through yet so that could be what he is feeling. The rest are in though.
The hygienist took him to pick out a toothbrush and toothpaste and then he got to put coins in a gumball machine that gave him two bouncy balls! I swear it wasn't this much fun when I went to the dentist at his age. :-)
We had to get a picture with the doctor. Don't you love Drake's "cheese" face? We really need to work on not squinting. lol!

I was so proud of my little guy. At his 2-year pediatrician appointment, he would not let Dr. Rosa look in his mouth - threw a complete fit, so I am so excited that this trip to the dentist went well. 

1 comment:

Cady said...

Drake did so well!! We are probably going to take Lucy next year. We're holding off on adding her to our dental insurance as long as we can. Lol.