Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Great Grocery Challenge

 


I spent $0 out of our grocery budget this week!

A couple weeks ago the sermon challenged us to go one week (or longer) without spending any money. I had heard of this before and wanted to try it, but I didn't want to miss when there were "good deals."  But, I thought we would try it this week. I can't say that I didn't spend any money - I went out to eat a couple times, we went to a fundraiser on Friday night, and Jason bought some insulation for the basement project.

Even though we didn't really make the challenge, I am still pretty happy with how we did. It really makes you think about how you spend your money and how dependent we see to be on it.

I'll definitely try it again sometime, and I challenge you to try it as well!

No comments: