Tuesday, December 29, 2009

34 weeks!

Things are continuing to go really well! I still have no signs of labor, which is okay with me considering I still have quite a bit I want to get done along with a huge conference at work next week. Plus, this little guy needs to grow and mature just a little more!! I'm not completely uncomfortable yet, but things are starting to get a little more difficult - mostly in the fact that I am just getting out of breath more quickly than normal. He's still moving around quite a bit - I really enjoy doing the movement counts each night just to know that things are "normal". It's hard to believe that he will be here in about six weeks! I know I say that with each update, but it's true!

Here's the most recent information from babycenter.com:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Awe...I remember when Amelia was the size of a canteloupe. HA! You are so stinkin' close!! Happy to hear you're feeling well. :)

((hugs))

Caroline said...

Wow - only 6 weeks left! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling pretty good. You certainly look great. I hope that the next few weeks continue to go nicely. x

Anonymous said...

Yay for 34 weeks! You look great and he will be here before you know it! Glad to hear that you are still pretty comfortable and hoping that it continues that way for the next six weeks or so.

sunflowerchilde said...

Wow, 34 weeks! Amazing. I can't wait to see pics of the nursery.

twondra said...

Can't believe how fast time has gone! I'm so happy for you!! You look wonderful!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Oh, how I remember the not breathing thing. It got so bad toward the end, I didnt think Id make it through labor without passing out.

Luckily, its one of those things that goes away the INSTANT he comes out. :)