Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas goodies...

If you know me in person, you'll know that I don't cook/bake too often. However, this weekend, I had planned to make a few Christmas goodies to take to a potluck on Tuesday night and bring north with me on Wednesday. Here's what we ended up with...

These were SO easy! Thanks Jill for the idea and easy instructions!

I have no clue what these are called, but Jason's aunt makes them. They are so yummy!! (Almond bark, Rice Krispies, Marshmallows, and Peanut Butter)

And, of course, regular sugar cookie cutouts. Don't pay any attention to the actual designs -- I didn't have Christmas cookie cutters, and Karen picked these up at the dollar store. We'll see how they taste. I have yet to find a sugar cookie recipe I like!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lovers said...

You don't know me but I check your blog every once in a while. I know Heather through my SIL Kristy, so that's how I found you. Anywho, I have a great and super easy Sugar Cookie recipe. I hope you like it too, it's by Betty Crocker.



1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Granulated sugar or colored sugar


1. Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2. Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
3. Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

Nancy Jones said...

Wow, what are those wonderful looking peanut butter cup things in the first picture? We must know more about those! Merry Christmas!