Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Next cycle started!

I am the type of person who HATES taking home pregnancy tests...not only because they are expensive, but because I don't want to be disappointed. I knew the test would be negative, but thought I would take it just in case. Naturally, I started my cycle that day! The good news is that Dr. Jarrett said we could start the meds for IUI #3 when it started. I called the office yesterday morning...when Lisa (nurse) called me back she wasn't sure I should be doing the meds because it hadn't been 60 days since the methotrexate injection. They talk to Dr. Jarrett over the noon hour so I had to wait for them to talk to him. I was a little frustrated to say the least at this point because we had just met with Dr. Jarrett on Wednesday, and he didn't seem to think it would be a problem. When Linda (nurse practitioner) called me back at 4:15pm, she said that Dr. Jarrett still didn't think it would be a problem, but she and Teresa (another nurse practitioner) recommended that I didn't do it. Of course, she acted like she didn't want to get in the middle of me and Dr. Jarrett, but I could tell that was her recommendation. Dr. Jarrett feels like she we won't be having the actual insemination until right around 60 days, it won't be a problem. We scheduled the baseline ultrasound for this morning and said we would talk afterwards (pretty typical). Jason and I decided that we would go with Dr. Jarrett's recommendation - afterall we have trusted him to this point and don't believe that he would do anything to put us in danger. So, I had my ultrasound this morning and and waiting on a call back from the office. According to the tech, though, everything looked fine. :-)

Photobucket

No comments: