Monday, January 21, 2008

Back to work...tomorrow!

Wow, it has been so awesome to be off work. Not only has it been nice because of the much needed time off, but also because it has been soo cold! But, it has to end - tomorrow, it's back to work for me which is actually okay because I have plenty of stuff to work on when I get there.

Before I go any further, I need to send out a huge prayer request...my friend & neighbor Tiffany Michaels (Michaels blog on the right) has just been admitted to the hospital. She is currently pregnant with quads and has been having some contractions. Things seem to be getting better, but please keep her, her husband (Jon), these four little babies and the docs/nurses caring for them in your prayers!!

On to brighter news, this weekend was a great time. We didn't do anything Friday night. Saturday morning was the spa day which was very relaxing (and, if you've never been told before...don't get a massage when you are hungover, it's bad news!) followed by lunch at J.Buck's (yummy!!). Jason and I both took nice naps on Saturday afternoon and then we headed over to our friends (Jean Ann & Mike's) place for dinner. Dinner was awesome and the games were fun!! :-)

On Sunday, Jason and I went to the 2nd step of the membership classes at church. It was a really good class. We'll go to the 3rd one next month (since I have a meeting this Sunday). After that, I took my little sister to her tumbling meet in Peoria. Boy is it strange to go to a meet and have to pay!! I'm definitely not used to that after coaching for 8 years! She did great....here's a picture of her getting her medal! She's on the right in 3rd place. There were other kids in her group, but they weren't up there.


Today was a fun day, too! I got to spend it watching my 6-month old nephew. He is getting to be so much fun!! He is sitting up on his own (not for very long, but he can do it!!), and he now has his two bottom teeth. Last time I watched him I thought teeth were coming in because he was drooling like crazy and now they are here! He is getting so big and is very strong!

Andy, the other thing we had to do today was replace the rear U-joint in the Durango and get the transmission fluid changed...not a fun task for the pocketbook, but hopefully it prevents something really bad from happening and the vibration we've been feeling is gone! Woo hoo!!
So, it's back to work for me tomorrow....have a great week!!

No comments: