Monday, October 1, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!!

Okay, so even though Jason and I are not big gamblers, we just spent two nights in Las Vegas with my friend, Terri (who I used to work with) and her fiance and their friends. We stayed off the strip which worked out okay, free hot breakfast and a free shuttle to Mandalay Bay. The last time we were there was over six years ago so it was fun to go back. It has changed a lot (new hotels) and there is still a ton of construction - wonder what it will look like next time?(the group just outside of Mandalay Bay)

On Friday, we walked on the strip a while and then to Hard Rock Cafe for a late lunch. Friday night we went down to Freemont Street, "old Las Vegas". That was one thing I wanted to do this time around. The light show was pretty neat - I didn't realize it actually covers the street. We had dinner at the Golden Nugget - "only" $20 per person for the buffet! They were having a Bike Fest at the same time so we saw lots of Harley folks.(Tammy and I dancing on the bar at Hard Rock Cafe.)

On Saturday, we made our way to In-N-Out Burger. I had never heard of this place, but my sister said we had to go. I guess they have them in California where Jarrod is from. It was pretty good - REAL potato french fries and the cheapest meal we ate there! Then, we made the long trek down the strip to TI. I figure it was over 5 miles round trip...definitely didn't lack on exercise. We like to do that though so we can see the hotels, and we were able to catch the Bellagio water show. Saturday night we had dinner at the House of Blues and then saw Pauly Shore. He was pretty funny!! 
Jason and I in the Venetian.)
(Terri and I in front of the Mirage.)
We just laid around on Sunday until we had to leave for the airport and head home. The flight was good, just a little tight on AirTran, but for the price, you can't beat it!

And, Happy Belated Birthday to my brother, Chad!!!(It was yesterday - I did call, but didn't get a chance to put it on the blog.)

No comments: