Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

For those of you who don't know, in June, I started volunteering with Big Brothers/Big Sisters. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and now that I wasn't working at the gym and my work schedule was pretty regular (I get out at my normal time almost every day), I felt like this was perfect. I think my desire to volunteer for this organization came from my mom's friend, Dovie, and her husand who were a Big Brother & Big Sister to two boys when I was a lot younger. Thanks Dovie & Brad!! This is such a great program, and I am so glad I decided to volunteer my time to make a difference in a child! If you're interested in volunteering or even participating in their annual fundraiser - Bowl for Kids Sake - I would definitely encourage you to do so.

My little sister, Aireol, is 10 years old and oddly enough, we have one certain thing in common! Aireol is on the competitive tumbling team at Gymnastics Etc.. I met her once before becoming her Big Sister, but was never her coach. The Case Manager thought it was a perfect match! We have done things like going out to eat to shopping to going through the haunted house, and now carving pumpkins! Here are a few pictures of our evening...






No comments: