Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We have had a GREAT weekend! It was the perfect blend of busy and calmness. Unfortunately, I wasn't so good at taking pictures. :-)

Friday: I took off work and Drake and I had a playdate with my friend, Mel, and her daughter, Ayla. Since it was in the upper 90s, instead of going to the zoo, we decided to go swimming instead. I think they had fun except that Drake bit Ayla!  I cannot wait until he grows out of this. He's done it twice at daycare now and then this time. I know it's because he gets frustrated, but I feel awful. In the afternoon, Jason went to a work gathering and I cleaned while Drake napped.Then, we had a new dinner that I found on Pinterest!

Saturday: We went to the zoo in the morning and then while Drake napped, I finished up cleaning. It was as in the upper 90s again so we had friends over to swim in the afternoon. We swam for about 2 hours and then a storm/cold front came through and the temperature dropped quickly.

Sunday: It was in the low 70s when we woke up...can I just say, beautiful?!?! We went to church and then after nap, we went to Target and out for dinner. It was so nice that we were able to play outside until bedtime. Drake loves playing outside which is like a double-edged sword because he doesn't want to come in when it's time.

Monday: We had another beautiful day in the 70s! We watched 1.5 hours of the Labor Day Parade in Bloomington (It lasted 2.5 hours!). After Drake's nap we went to a cookout at our friend's house.

 The Clutts Family
 Reggie Redbird

(Like I said, I didn't do too well taking pictures...didn't even get one of our family at the parade.)

No comments: