Sticky Feet Part Deux for the Blog Award! You might remember that Jamie is the blog friend I met in person a few weeks ago. We live about 45 minutes away from each other and went to the same RE. :-) The rules of this award are simple: list 7 things about yourself and pass the award on to 7 other bloggers. Easy enough!
1. I love my job and working at the university, but I really want to work part-time. This is weighing on me pretty heavily. I just feel that I need more time with Drake. He's growing so quickly. So, the first thing I'm doing is starting to use my vacation days even when we don't have something planned and not feeling guilty about taking a sick day if I need to. Last week, our sitter's son had a fever so I was home with Drake for two days...it was wonderful!
2. We've been so blessed with Drake, yet I can't imagine not giving him a sibling. Here's hoping to a little brother or sister for him in 2012. I'm sure I'll be posting more about this soon.
3. I'm a saver, but there are times when I like to spend, too, which makes Number 1 that much more difficult. It's pretty obvious about my saving side, so why does it seem like the things we spend money on are SO expensive. Jason had been wanting an iPad and a sprinkler system for a long time...those are both pretty expensive items! BUt, since we've been doing so well saving, we splurged. :-)
4. We don't have cable tv, and I don't miss it one bit! We have an antenna so we can still get the basic channels, and we have Netflix streaming.
5. Speaking of Netflix streaming...I am loving Army Wives! It was a show that I liked when I could catch it on tv, but I never watched it regularly. Now that it's available on Netflix, I'm hooked. I bet I could tear up during every episode. Jason was actually making fun of me last night when I had to watch one more episode before bed (it was already 10pm!) to see if Denise and Frank went through with the divorce.
6. I love summer and just about everything that goes along with it, but I hate shorts/capris. Okay, maybe it's not that I hate them, but I hate shopping for them. Why can I never find some that I like? I have one pair of jean capris that are probably 10 years old...no joke. If anyone has suggestions for good shorts or capris, let me know!
7. I have a major sweet tooth! I love cake, ice cream, brownies, cookies, candies, you name it! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream is my favorite...love Cold Stone Creamery. yummy!! I've also got a new addiction to Pinterest which isn't helping - too many awesome recipes I want to try on there.
I tag Kate, Elaine, Twinside Out, Tammy, Erin, Exploring Chaos, and Tonya!