Tuesday, January 12, 2010

36 weeks!

Four more weeks to go!! I had an appointment yesterday - everything went well, measuring right on track and baby's heartbeat was in the 130s. The movement has definitely been slowing down. I assume it's because he's running out of room in there, but today I started getting a little nervous. After checking in with my doctor's office, they had me come in for a non-stress test just to make sure everything was okay. It was right after lunch so I did feel a few movements and baby is doing just fine. The nurse did say that I had one contraction in the 15 minutes, but I didn't feel it. I'm starting to feel some pressure, lower back pain, and sleep is getting interesting. :-) I'm excited to hear if anything is going on at next week's appointment!

Here's the stats according to babycenter.com:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds - at a the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term.

8 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

Whew hew! So much closer!!!

just me, dawn said...

you look great :) and wow! we are getting close!!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I can't believe you only have 4 more weeks to go until you meet your little baby boy! Time flies, huh?

Caroline said...

Oh goodness - only 4 weeks to go. You look great, and I'm glad the baby is also doing well.

Ashley said...

You look great!! I'm so happy all is well...it's the home stretch now!!!

Jill said...

Getting so close! Rest up and take care of yourself! You look awesome! Can't wait to see him and hear what his name is!

Word Nerd said...

Isn't it exciting to be so close? I'm glad everything is still going so well for you guys!

Tonya said...

you are getting so close! can't wait to see pictures of your new little bundle of boy!