Sunday, February 22, 2009


Well, it's been three days since the transfer, and I got out of the house for the first time today. I try to lay on the couch and relax Thursday and Friday, but when you have a dog who thinks they need to go outside every 20 minutes and your husband is back at work it makes it pretty difficult! :-) Jason did go into work on Thursday night and all day Friday, but he has been great - he's done a ton of laundry (except putting it away, guess that's my job), emptied the dishwasher, gotten meals together and ran a couple errands for me. On Saturday, my friend, Mel, came over and insisted on doing some things around the house. Thanks, Mel!

Our friends, Jim, Heather, and Addison came to visit on Saturday night. The boys went to a birthday party for a friend while the girls hung out at the house. I couldn't believe how big Addison has gotten! It was almost two months ago the last time we saw her, and she has changed so much! What a doll!

This morning, I made it to church and then even ran to Meijer to grab a couple things. It's amazing how tired I was after just those two little things, but I guess that's bound to happen when I haven't been doing much of anything for the past 2.5 days.

The lab called this morning. I missed their call by 2 minutes, and when I called back I had to leave a message. Guess I'll hear tomorrow if our two other embies made it to freeze.

It's back to work tomorrow for me. Nice thing is that work is busy, and I've got a ton of shows that I love right now. Hopefully that means the next 10 or so days will go by quickly. :-)

Thanks for all of your great and encouraging comments!!

Cady - I couldn't find any great definition of a morula on the internet. So, how I understand it is that it is further along than the 8 cell but before the blastocyst . They are not able to count the cells because they are compacting. The biologist told me it was a good thing so that's all I really went on.



Alex and Jill said...

Considerate husbands are the best, aren't they? :)

I'm going to be praying that you're 2ww flies by and that those babies are already making their home. Staying busy is good...take it easy though. :)

Looking forward to hearing if your others made it to freeze!

Have a great week!


Hoping for our own Peanut said...

oh amber, i am dying over here. 3 days post..feels like forever.

i cant wait to see both of our bfps!!..they cant come soon enough.

Carrie said...

Glad you have some helping hands! I am crossing all fingers and toes for you that the wait flies (sometimes, don't you wish you could be sedated until the beta?) for you.

I HATE missing those calls, because no matter how fast you call back, you get voice mail. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your embabies! :)

twondra said...

I'm thinking of you! Hoping the next couple weeks goes by so fast for you.