Monday, April 7, 2008

Jason's new toy!

Okay, so it's not really a toy, but a new electronic! Our five year anniversary is coming up, and I have been wanting an anniversary band for my ring so Jason got a new TV! He's been wanting one for a while, but we just kept putting it off because there was nothing really wrong with the tv we had. We ended up with a 46" Samsung LCD HDTV. It is nice and not nearly as bulky as the other tv for our living room. Here's a picture Jason took the night we got it. Unfortunately, they didn't have the stand we purchased in stock so we had to wait for that. (It has arrived and works just fine.) I didn't really know what I wanted for a stand so we just got a basic one for now. If we decide we want something else, at least I don't feel like I spent a fortune on it.


After these purchases last week, we even had a wonderful weekend. The weather was beautiful on Saturday and Sunday!! I opened up the doors to get some fresh air in the house - it was so nice! Friday night, we went to dinner with a couple that moved into our neighborhood in September, but don't know that well. On Saturday, I took my little sister to Border's where she got a free book then we came back to the house and went for a bike ride and played on the Wii a little. The Epiphany basket auction was that night. We've gone with our neighbors a couple times...the Brang's started us going (since they were members of the church), and we continued when they moved to Colorado. It was okay - the food was pretty limited, the baskets weren't all that exciting and the live auction took forever! It was 11:15pm before the auction was done! Jason and I worked at church on Sunday morning before going to service and then spent the rest of the day hanging out at home. It was the perfect day for a nap!!

One of the neighbor's is coming over tonight to watch the Kansas/Memphis game so I'll be heading upstairs to do laundry and pick up our room while watching the Bachelor.

No comments: