Friday, April 18, 2008

Did you feel it??

About 4:30 this morning Jason and I woke up to the bed shaking and the lampshade rattling...little did we know that we were experiencing an EARTHQUAKE...in ILLINOIS!!! Of course, we didn't know what was going on at the time. Wind can be pretty crazy here in Central Illinois, but I didn't hear the siding making any noises. Jason mentioned it might be an earthquake, but at 4:30 in the morning, I just wanted to go back to bed! He got up and looked around, and I still felt the bed shaking. We even checked our 100 pound dog to see if it was her since she was laying on the bed - nope. So, when I got in the shower around 6:45am the first thing on the radio was that we had an earthquake that was 5.4 on the Richter scale with the center being near West Salem, IL (south) but it could be felt as far as Chicago, Des Moines, Milwaukee, and Indianapolis. Is that crazy or what? I guess I can now say that I have experienced an earthquake! Thankfully, there was no damage done.

No comments: