Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

I know. I'm a little behind, but things have been crazy at our house for the past five days. My parents got here on Wednesday night and watched Drake while we went to small group.

On Thursday, my mom and I went shopping in the morning then got food ready the rest of the day. My sister and her family came down as well as Jason's sister and her boyfriend and Jason's dad. There were 13 of us for dinner. We managed to sit all the adults around our dining room table and then a card table for Drake and his cousin, Reid. The kids didn't eat too well at their own table so we'll see how this works next time. I was horrible about taking pictures but did get a couple of the two kiddos.


A HUGE thanks to my mom for all her help with the laundry and dishes!

My sister, mom and I even did a little shopping on Thanksgiving night. I wanted to hit Babies R Us as we were running low on diapers and they had a great deal at $10 for a big box of them. Of course, by the time we got over there - a little after 9pm - the line was wrapped around the back of the store and it just wasn't worth. We also went to Meijer (awesome cereal deal like I mentioned in my weekly grocery post - I just had to get two more boxes. :-)), Walmart (that was RIDICULOUS!) and CVS.

Unfortunately, I had to work on Friday and Saturday - a planning meeting for an event in January. We went to church on Sunday morning and then hung out around the house.

This week is going to be just a crazy between small group, a going away party, IMAGINE at our church, and a birthday party on Saturday. My tree might get up one of these days. :-)

1 comment:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Sounds like a nice holiday. I neeeed your help in couponing! I went to Meijer on Turkey day and got 3 boxes of cereal for $10 and thought that was a deal. I hang my head in shame.

PS-Congrats on the 2nd tri! I cant wait to see if its a boy or girl! I think its a little sis!