Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Drake meets Dr. J!

I have been wanting to take Drake to our RE's office so they could meet the wonderful miracle they helped bring into this world. Dr. J is only here twice a month, and I knew that if I didn't get there today I might not get there before I go back to work. I loaded Drake up this morning and headed East.
Wouldn't you agree that this man is in the right profession? He immediately took Drake out of my arms and was excited to meet him. The nurses (Theresa, Linda, Laura, & Lisa) got to meet him, too, but I didn't get any pictures of them holding him...oops! I know they were all very busy with other patients, so we're grateful for the time they spent with us.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was a little nervous about going to the office today. The biggest reason is that I didn't want another couple who is struggling with infertility to see my baby boy and get upset. Luckily, there was only one couple there, and I'm just hoping that they saw this baby as a reason to remain hopeful!

Jason and I are thankful to Dr. J and his staff for all they did for us (even though I'm really hoping I don't ever have to see them again.) :-)

2 comments:

Kahla said...

To me, those pictures are pricless! I always worried about taking Chase up to our RE, but they put those thoughts away by saying seeing him gives other's hope because he is proof... just like Drake is! Our RE does a "baby shower" for all of their patients (new and old) every year and it's so much fun to see all the babies/families they have helped and get to show them yours as well. So awesome, your RE looks like a kind man!

Jessie said...

Awesome! When I did my FET this summer in Indy, Dr. J got to meet the twins. It was pretty awesome.