Can I just say that I love my RE?! I called the office last Monday hoping to be able to meet or talk to Dr. J last Wednesday for a couple of reasons - 1) I knew he was going to be in Urbana, 2) I had my list of questions ready, and 3) I want to know what the next step was going to be as soon as possible so I didn't want to wait another week! He didn't have any cancellations, but we were able to talk to him over the phone. I asked him some of the questions I mentioned the other day and these were his responses.
1. He felt that our hcg was still from the boosters I did the week before (hmmm....).
2. He wasn't concerned about the missing inner cell mass. He said we had beautiful embryos, and we shouldn't be concerned either.
3. The genetics testing and blood clot testing are not covered by insurance unless you have had recurrent pregnancy loss and they would run a "couple thousand dollars". He was happy to order them, but didn't think they were necessary at this point. We decided against doing them at this time.
4. He also didn't recommend the laparascopy unless we have another failed cycle. I believe this is just his way of doing things based on his experience.
Dr. J doesn't see any reason why we wouldn't produce high quality embryos again, he is just hoping for more and to be able to freeze some next time. So, he is going to increase the protocol, and we are starting things again the next time my cycle starts...IVF #2 here we come!