I had another blood test yesterday and unfortunately, it didn't go as well as we had hoped. My hcg level did increase, however, only to 148...not even double from Friday. I received a call from Dr. Jarrett in the afternoon. He wasn't sure if the pregnancy was in my uterus or tube, and the only way to tell was to do surgery which he didn't want to do (it was still too small to see on an ultrasound). So, he had me get two shots of Metheltrexate which makes your body absorb the pregnancy. This was his plan because if the pregnancy was in a tube, it could have gotten larger, caused the tube to rupture and then I would be having surgery to remove it. Like Dr. Jarrett said, the silver lining is the fact that we were able to get pregnant. Now, hopefully it happens again the next time we are able to do the IUI (we have to wait two months due to the medication).
We are very sad right now, but know that God is in control. He has a plan that is much greater than ours....we just hope it includes a biological child for us!
Thank you all for thinking of us and praying for us! We truly appreciate it.