Monday, May 5, 2008

Garage Sale & Happy 60th Birthday, Ernie!

It's been pretty busy this past week! I had a couple after-hours work functions last week, had a garage sale with my friend, Melissa, did some scrapbooking, and celebrated Jason's dad's 60th birthday!

The garage sale went great even though the weather wasn't so nice. It stormed off and on Friday morning then got pretty nice in the afternoon, and I guess Saturday was fairly nice, but pretty cold. We had a few big things to get rid of so we ended up making almost $300! What a nice weekend! I left Friday night to go to Springfield with my mom for a 24-hour scrapbooking event. We got quite a bit done there so that was nice, but I felt bad leaving my friend to man the sale. Guess I'll just have to repay the favor next time! :-) My dad, brother-in-law, his friend, and Jason went to the Cubs/Cards game on Saturday in St. Louis. What a beautiful day for baseball!! It made it even better that the Cubbies won!! So, we had a houseful on Saturday night!


On Sunday, Jason and I spent the whole morning at church working the nursery/security and then went to the service. In the afternoon, we celebrated Jason's dad's 60th birthday! Here are a few pictures from the afternoon. Ernie hanging out with some of his friends.

Caden with Grandpa


Grandpa, Karen, Caden, & Jason
Happy 60th Birthday, Ernie!!!
P.S. I just found out that my friend, Patty, welcomed her baby boy into this world last Thursday!! Congratulations Patty & Kurt!! Welcome Zavier!! I can't wait to meet you!

No comments: