Monday, December 5, 2011

O Christmas Tree!

As I mentioned yesterday, last week was crazy! I was signed up to volunteer at our church on Saturday which also meant I had a training to go to on Friday night. My co-worker, who I was volunteering with, suggested that I stay home and rest. It was hard to give in to that because I really wanted to be there, but I figured she was probably right. All the stress isn't good for baby, and I obviously needed the break. I slept for over 9 hours on Friday night and took a 2-hour nap on Saturday, but not before we got our Christmas tree up!

Jason brought the tubs upstairs and took out a few of the decorations. Drake knocked one of the ceramic painted santa's on the floor and it broke. Then, he went over and pulled our Chicago Bears ornament out and dropped it on the floor - broken! Not the best way to start decorating, but definitely nothing to get upset over. Needless to say, we don't have too many ornaments on our tree...just in case. 
 "Helping" daddy fix the lights.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are very brave, as you know, we decided to skip the tree this year. it's very beautiful though, i will miss having one, hopefully next year.

Erin said...

Before we had kids and got our tree, I decided to buy plastic ornaments because of animals at the time but I am SO thankful I did because P can't really do too much to hurt most of the ones on the tree. But there are always a few of those moments where you just have to cringe and move on right ;) I love that cute little helper in his cute footie jammies! Toddlers make tree decorating (or any decorating) very interesting don't they!