Monday, March 29, 2010

Check Up and More Visitors

The time is just flying by! I'm surprised that it's already been a week since my last post.

Things are still going pretty well. I had my 6-week check up with my doctor last Monday. The appointment went great. I've got 8 more pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (plus another 10 pounds)! I can still only fit into two pairs of my jeans, and I haven't tried on any of my dress pants. Tops don't fit the same as they used to either...a little snug everywhere! I'm really hoping at least the 8 pounds are gone and my dress clothes fit before I go back to work - FIVE weeks from today. :-(

I've started back on birth control pills which is SO strange for someone who is labeled as infertile! But, I am/was pretty nervous about magically becoming pregnant in the first months after having Drake since they say that this is a really fertile time. I would prefer that my children (if we're lucky enough to have another one) are more than a year apart.

We had a "play date"/lunch with my friend who's daughter is 5 weeks younger than Drake. I forgot my camera to get some pictures of them together, but Ayla is such a cutie!! It is really nice to have someone who was pregnant at the same time. It's been great to bounce thoughts/ideas off one another.

Drake had some visitors again this weekend -- the Beezhold's!
Claire
Sue
Paul

We had a great time visiting! (They used to live across the street from us until about 2 years ago.) Unfortunately, they had to go back home after dinner at Flat Top Grill - one of Paul's favorite restaurants.

Drake and I went to church on Sunday and then we just hung out at the house the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Hua said...

Hey Amber,

I'm glad you guys have been having such a great time together. I hope for you many more happy memories.

I found your blog while searching for heartfelt and helpful stories while dealing with Infertility. I think your personal story could help those who are going through a hard time and looking for support throughout their journey with Infertility. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of bloggers who support each other through 150 communities including infertility, depression, dealing with loss and adoption.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks